Social Media’s creative and content go together like…
What is Gin without Tonic, coffee without rusks, pancakes without Nutella and creative without great content? These iconic duos are nothing without one another.
Creative refers to your images and videos posted on social media. Images may be stock images, promotional images, images of your products/services or even quotes and memes. Videos can be the same as your TV advertisements, funny videos, animations, informative videos, GIF’s and Boomerangs. The point is to get creative and attract the attention of your followers while remaining relevant to the current trends as well as being relevant and true to your product/service and brand personality. While news feeds are filled with articles, funny videos, memes and your friends holiday posts, a company’s creative needs to stand out and catch the attention of the follower.
Creative Tip: be sure to design your creative in the correct size for each platform and keep to the video length recommended as this will affect whether a follower takes an interest in your post and clicks through to your page or not. Ensure images and videos are clear and appealing.
Content is the written words that accompany the creative in a post. Content may be promotional and provide more information on the creative, it may be engaging and starting a conversation with followers or it could be statements or quotes.
A few Do’s and Don’ts of Social Media content writing:
- Plan your content – Don’t just post for the sake of posting. Post content that is relevant, trending and based on your objectives. Pages that post pointless content are likely to be unliked.
- Ask questions – The purpose of Social Media is to start a two-way conversation and build relationships with your followers. Asking questions is a great way to interact with them and get to know them. These questions can be related to your business or just general interest-based questions.
- Represent your brand personality – forget the formal business talk, your content should be written as if your brand is a real person. Be fun, exciting, creative and human.
- Don’t only create content about your products/services – This will get boring.
- Include a call-to-action to the posts that do promote products/services – This is a great way to drive traffic to your website and improve your SEO.
- Know who you are talking to – Do your research on the people following your page using the analytics provided and ensure your content appeals to that gender and age group.
- Track and analyse data – Keep track of how your posts are doing to determine what type of content works and what doesn’t.
Your creative and content need to work together to create quality posts that will get noticed amongst the crowd. We take the time to understand your brand, products/services and your followers to create the best quality posts that will gain a high reach and engagement. Get in touch with us and let’s do great things!